The development team is excited to announce a significant addition to the Process Dashboard product family: the Process Dashboard Enterprise Server.
The Process Dashboard Enterprise Server complements the open source Process Dashboard application to provide a wealth of new features and benefits:
TSP(SM) teams collect a wealth of rich, fine-grained metrics that can be used for planning, tracking, forecasting, and reporting. However, most teams never use this data for any analysis larger than a single project. This represents a significant lost opportunity. Organizations should be able to harness the power of their data to improve their performance and their competitive advantage. The Enterprise Data Warehouse has been created to help your organization unlock this potential.
The Enterprise Data Warehouse is an optional component that can be added to the Process Dashboard Enterprise Server. The warehouse is comprised of:
- A specialized database schema whose tables are optimized for fast queries, data mining, and statistical analysis. The data warehouse contains tables for projects, tasks, and other data, making queries simple.
- Automated logic that extracts project data from Team Dashboard data files, transforms it into normalized values, and loads it into the relational database schema described above.
The warehouse database is loaded automatically with data from all the projects in your organization, enabling developers in your organization to:
- Create custom reports that analyze and display data from the entire organization.
- Create data mining tools that find patterns in organizational data, quantifying ROI or identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Extract project data in support of integration with external systems, for corporate-level reporting or other purposes.
- Query both current and historical project data, to see how that data has changed over time.
Developers in your organization can use industry-standard technologies to develop these reports and tools; the warehouse provides the underlying relational database that makes these queries possible. Since the warehouse is a standard relational database, your developers can use any SQL-aware reporting tool they are familiar with (for example, Crystal Reports, Microsoft Reporting Services, or Pentaho). The warehouse is compatible with all major database platforms, including Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, and Oracle.
The Data Warehouse also protects the privacy of individuals within your organization. Personally identifiable information (PII) is automatically encrypted as it is loaded into the warehouse.