The development team is excited to announce a significant addition to the Process Dashboard product family: the Process Dashboard Enterprise Server.
The Process Dashboard Enterprise Server complements the open source Process Dashboard application to provide a wealth of new features and benefits:
As organizational process improvement initiatives complete their pilot projects and begin rolling out high-maturity techniques to a broader audience, it is important to plan and manage many aspects of the technology transition. Tool support is one part of this plan.
The Process Dashboard Server provides many enterprise level services that help organizations to manage the deployment of process tools, to improve the efficiencies of their coaches and teams, and to realize new opportunities for process improvement.
Improves productivity of individuals, teams, and coaches
- Frees up time by reducing technical distractions and overhead tasks, letting teams and coaches focus on value-added work.
- Provides teams and coaches with easier access to the data they need to be productive.
Enables the distribution of organizational process standards
- Organizations can distribute custom metrics collection frameworks for specialized or non-software teams.
- Process groups can distribute reusable workflows that capture organizational defined processes and best practices.
- Quality coordinators can distribute defect type standards in support of organizational quality initiatives.
- Metrics bodies can distribute custom WBS columns and tabs in support of organizational data collection policies and integration with external systems.
- Planning coordinators can distribute proxy estimation tables, enabling teams to leverage historical data to produce more accurate plans.
Enables efficient, centralized technical support from IT
- Administrators can push out updates to client software and organizational process standards, and can roll back these items if problems are discovered.
- The server can be integrated with Active Directory or LDAP for authentication and authorization. This allows user credentials, account revocation, password resets, and other account-related administrative tasks to be managed through the organization’s existing directory.
- The server consolidates Process Dashboard data files into a relational database, providing a single point of backups for business continuity and disaster recovery. Process data is no longer scattered across an unspecified number of network fileservers, and crashes of individual workstations can no longer lead to loss of team project data.
- The server easily scales up to hundreds of users and teams across multiple continents
Optional Data Warehouse enables organization-wide data analyses and integrations
- Organizations can choose to purchase the optional Enterprise Data Warehouse component. This component extracts information from the raw process dashboard data files, and stores the data in normalized database tables.
- The normalized tables in the Enterprise Data Warehouse are designed to support fast, efficient, and powerful queries that analyze data from various projects, teams, and even the entire organization.
- Organizations can develop custom reports that pull data from the warehouse, and can extract data to feed into other corporate systems.
- Personally identifiable information (PII) in the warehouse is encrypted to protect data privacy.