The development team for the Software Process Dashboard Initiative is pleased to announce the availability of version 1.5 of the Process Dashboard! Version 1.5 includes these significant new features:
- The dashboard is now compatible with version 1.4 and higher of the Java Runtime Environment from Sun Microsystems.
- The dashboard now contains support for Netscape 6 and higher on Windows platforms, and is also compatible with the Sun Java Plug-in in Internet Explorer.
- The task and schedule planning tool now contains built-in support for collaboration! You can share your schedules with your co-workers, your manager, and/or your customer, and keep them up-to-date on your progress. If you are working on a project with other people, you can roll up your individual schedules to create an earned value schedule for the project.
- The task and schedule planning tool helps you to avoid several common planning mistakes.
- The hierarchy editor now includes a toolbar to facilitate the editing of your work breakdown structure.
- Numerous user interface enhancements make the hierarchy editor, the time log editor, and the defect log editor easier to use.